- Process Purchase Order and contact suppliers to follow-up on PO and the anticipated delivery date.
- Interact with internal requestors on material availability, critical supply issues, delivery dates, order problems and quality issues to meet inventory demand.
- Reconcile Account Payable issues with suppliers.
- Register suppliers in appropriate system.
- Register product codes and maintain product code system(s).
- Work with Sourcing manager to provide data and analysis.
- Negotiate with suppliers for the acquisition/return of materials and services for supply items as defined by the relevant Authority levels.
- Prioritize and direct daily tasks and special projects for positions within their purchasing scope or commodity group.
- Insure all purchasing needs within the company are met. This requires positive communications and order feedback to the requesting individuals or department.
- Provide internal customers with alternative supplier(s), product(s), and/or service(s) other than proprietary supplier, products, and/or service.
- Monitor inventory levels and replenishment rules for assigned commodities through usage analysis and direct communications with internal customer.
- Support on-going Process Improvement and targeted cost savings
- Assures accurate and timely completion of work in the area particularly for order management and supply chain reviews etc.
- Undertake specific projects as required
- Other duties as assigned by senior management.
- Establish effective communication with customers to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Provides troubleshooting and assistance (both oral and written) to customers as required.
- Proactively manage and drive resolution of customer issues with and across departments, International locations and other Covance business units.
- Position is 40% tactical – 40% Operational Support - 20% strategic
- Act as an ambassador for the company when conducting business with sources outside the company.
- Assist in the coordination of weekly/monthly management reports.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and update of departmental procedures, mission and training manual as needed.
- Observe Universal Precautions Procedures when applicable.
- Provide back-up coverage as needed.
- Comply with the Covance Quality System initiatives.
- Commit to demonstrating: professionalism, respect for Individuals, team skills, collaboration skills, creative problems solving and customer orientation.
- Colleague degree in Sourcing,Procurement or related majors of supply chain
- Fluent English and Japanese.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workloads and deadlines.
- Must have proven record of excellence communication, customer service, high level of analytical experience and organizational skills.
- Purchasing, Inventory Management experience required.
- Extensive general computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft Office Tools.
- Minimum two years of related work experiences in Procurement and Sourcing, International supply chain, material and Inventory management.
- Perfer internatinal company working experiences
- Some overtime required.
- Requires working with frequent interruptions and changes.
- Tolerance for stress.
- High degree of global participation within peer group via webex and conference call assignments
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed