Business Development Director (BDD) for South East Asia (SEA), India and ANZ will report directly to the Executive Director of Global Sales. He/she will be based in Singapore and strategically drive global accounts management as well as regional new accounts cultivation. Importantly, he/she has to focus company resources on stratifying accounts to invest in, develop further, or not to concentrate in, in order to spear sustainable profitable growth with close partnerships with desired clients. While being accountable for selling the services of for our Clinical Trial Testing Solutions (CTTS) business he/she will also work in collaboration with other BDD team members from other business units to provide a tailored “Enterprise” solution to help win more work for LabCorp/Covance across the region.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the development of annual sales plan in support of organizational strategy and objectives
- Directing the implementation and execution of sales policies and practices
- Ensuring communications are coordinated, supporting sales plan objectives and meeting organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with Business Development Operations
- Recommending and implementing sales strategies for improvement based upon market research and competitor analyses
- Coordinating capability presentations and ensuring consistency of sales activities
- Motivating, managing, training and developing sales staff.
- Management of Sales Operations administrative issues (e.g. Departmental budget, Sales incentive plan, monthly and quarterly sales meetings)
The desired candidate must have strong demonstrated laboratory experience working in drug development. Commercially minded, the person must be an energetic team player to assist in driving sales. This includes focusing on client prospects and channeling focus on key accounts development to maximize company resources.
At Covance you can make a difference, not only by helping to deliver life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to people around the world, butalso by helping us become a great company - one that delights our clients with the broadest and best service portfolio in our industry, energizes our people with a stimulating environment and provides continual training and development opportunities throughout our employees career.
- Bachelors degree in life science or business field preferred
- Moderate industry knowledge
- 4-5 years sales (or relevant) experience selling services directly to the pharmaceutical and biotech section with direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed