The Expanded Lab Manager position requires the ability to work in a global virtual team on the tasks relative to the development and management of all external laboratory (Local Labs, Referral Labs) services contracted through Covance CCLS. This position will serve as liaison on a global basis between external laboratories, internal Covance departments, and clients regarding expanded laboratory management services to ensure successful clinical trial delivery
- Participate to the creation and development of new the expanded lab model
- Responsible for managing the overall current process of the referral laboratories by researching potential referral laboratories based on the assay requests, contacting referral laboratories, negotiating services, and acting as the liaison for operational issues/needs of the customer.
- Based on New Test Feasibility meeting decision, contact and completes the referral laboratory worksheets and obtains the appropriate technical information needed to load the database, including but not limited to specimen collection requirements, reference ranges, turn around time, and regulatory requirements such as Research Use Only assays.
- Recipient of notification of changes in assays such as method changes from the referral laboratories. Updates External Lab worksheets and notifies respective departments of the modification.
- Provide support to Reportable Issues pertaining to External laboratories, obtaining root cause and preventative actions from the referral laboratory or inside ELMS.
- Facilitates technical discussions with appropriate staff at the referral laboratories, Medical Affairs, Global Heads of CCLS, Scientists of CCLS, Project Management and/or Sponsor as needed to appropriately understand the client needs and the service capability of the referral laboratory.
- Acts as the primary resource for ELMS topics.
- Accountable for the implementation, monitoring and reporting of internal and external lab performance metrics and take corrective actions when appropriate.
- Develop and manage vendor relationships with key laboratories in order to influence positive client and Covance outcomes.
Preferred Grad MT/MLT, BS/BA degree , Baccalaureat or equivalent education certification.
Optional MD or PhD
- Experience in change management and influencing without authority
- Demonstrated expertise in leading change
- 2 years of clinical trial management, vendor management, or client relationship management
- Ability to communicate in Japanese (both written and spoken) in order to liaise with native Japanese vendors and labs
- 2 years of clinical lab operation experience or similar position outside Covance CLS
- Knowledge of drug development, central laboratories
- Knowledge/experience with formal process improvement discipline (eg, Six Sigma)
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed