Experience a powerful partnership
Are you someone that loves to share creative strategies and help project teams move ahead? Could you handle a project’s immediate issues without losing sight of the big picture? Do you enjoy problem solving and setting up teams for success?
Join Covance as a Clinical Project Manager. In this role, you will:
- Manage clients’ expectations with strong communication skills
- Monitor global project timelines and scope
- Review budgets and financial performance targets
- Develop internal project reviews and external business proposals
Why project managers choose Covance
At any company, clinical project managers are faced with deadlines and deliverables. As a Covance Project Manager, you can expect to:
- Build a long-term career path as you join a PM team where more than 50% have been growing in Covance’s positive culture for 5 or more years
- Develop your career as you participate in industry-leading training and mentoring
- Gain exposure to studies across early clinical development to late stage trials – and explore new opportunities across outside business units
- Work with top-notch people as you serve as a valuable partner to clinical sites
- Receive ongoing support from our project teams and Clinical Trial Management Office that deliver additional resources needed to get your work done while helping you create balance across all important areas of your life
What we’re looking for
If you are an exceptional person who has experience acting as a regional or global Project Manager for at least 1 year, has overseen Cell Therapy clinical trials in Australia and New Zealand and has knowledge with first in human study design we want to hear from you.
Other essential requirements include:
- A university/college degree (life science preferred) or certification in a related allied health profession (i.e., nursing, medical or laboratory technology) from an appropriately accredited institution
- Expertise in drug development and project management processes
- Knowledge of financial control procedures and the ability to maintain project metrics and financial tracking
- Deep understanding of ICH guidelines and GCP, including international regulatory requirements for the conduct of clinical drug development programs
- Familiarity with monitoring and reporting Key Performance Indicators
- Experience handling multiple regions, departments and/or vendors, and strength in negotiating with clients and present to staff at all levels
See what Covance project managers have to say
“I continue to be amazed at the great things we are able to do here at Covance. Staff are selfless and willing to do whatever is necessary to ensure success."
"I am given a great deal of opportunity to contribute to the decision process and voice concerns and suggestions."
The PM opportunity
Beyond compensation and the comprehensive benefit package you'll receive as a Clinical Project Manager, joining Covance opens the door to many career opportunities. Learn about what’s possible for your career when a company truly invests in you at http://careers.covance.com/possibilities.html
Get to know Covance
Here, you'll own your career, make an impact and be a part of a leading company that has supported development of 50 out of the top 50 prescription drugs in the market. Empowered by our LabCorp partnership and data for more than 70 million patients, we can offer clients a complete set of end-to-end clinical trial solutions aligned to global therapeutic needs. In return, you’ll be empowered in a flexible team environment with mentoring and training to get the most out of your career.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
- University/college degree (life science preferred) or certification in a related allied health profession (i.e. nursing, medical or laboratory technology) from an appropriately accredited institution
- Master or other advanced degree
- PMP certification
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant clinical research experience in a pharmaceutical company/CRO.
- In lieu of the above requirement, candidates with (a) six (6) years supervisory experience in a heath care setting and (b) five (5) years clinical research experience including one (1) years of project management experience (international clinical trial management experience preferred) in the pharmaceutical or CRO industries will be considered
- Cell Therapy clinical trial experience.
On the Job Experience:
- Working knowledge of ICH Guidelines and GCP including international regulatory requirements for the conduct of clinical development programs.
- Advanced computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Access and Power Point)
- Experience managing projects in a matrix and virtual environment
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example and to encourage team members to seek solutions independently
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities and to utilize resources effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff within a matrix system
- Financial awareness and ability to actively utilize financial tracking systems
- Working knowledge of project management processes
- Ability to work independently and mentor junior project team members
- Ability to negotiate and liaise with clients in a professional manner
- Ability to present to staff at all levels
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed