Covance by LabCorp is a leading global life sciences company with a mission to improve health and improve lives. Combining world-class diagnostic solutions with its drug development business, Covance, LabCorp’s cutting-edge technologies, unparalleled data, and growing menu of standard and highly-specialized tests not only inform and empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. LabCorp’s 65,000+ employees are pursuing critical advances in science and changing the delivery of healthcare while advancing essential vaccines, cancer-fighting breakthroughs, and life-changing treatments for rare diseases.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
Global Internship Program
Exciting Opportunity to be part of the LabCorp/Covance 2021 Global Internship Program as an APAC Proposals Intern in Singapore! We offer real work assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Healthcare disciplines, are challenging and recognized to the organization as valuable. In addition, we encourage professional development and career exploration through program workshops, each designed to help students prepare for a thriving career in our industry.
In addition to departmental and professional development work, our interns have the opportunity:
- To showcase their work to senior management, their supervisor and mentors
- Participate in a group philanthropic project as part of our dedication to the community
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering scientific work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
About the Team
The proposals team (part of Enterprise Client Solutions) is responsible for responding to all RFPs from potential customers in the APAC region by developing proposals, budgets and other required deliverables.
Internship Assignment Summary
- Creation of QTs and assignment requests for proposals
- Creation of SharePoint space and uploading of documents (Triage form, RFP documents and client specifications)
- Following-up on assignments of SMEs for all APAC RFPs
- Managing compliance to Quotes and Quote Track completion guidelines
- Creation of new Quotes
- Prepare simple draft proposal for proposal managers based on RFP info
- Prepare simple draft budget for proposal managers based on RFP info
- Formatting of proposals and PPTs
- Help with tracking and keeping metrics up to date
- Coordinating the multiple forums/meetings the leadership team attends
- Preparing and distributing minutes from those meetings and following up on action items
- Strategic Pricing administrative tasks as needed
- Shadow Proposal Managers on all aspects of the appropriate proposal process (text, quote, budget) (ie collating data, following up with other departments, meeting minutes, etc)
- Learn to review and analyze RFP documents to promote understanding of client requirements. May (based on business unit expectation) collate follow up questions for additional information as requested.
- May (based on business unit expectation) shadow applicable strategic and operational calls related to the opportunity
- Works across the organization in matrix environment to facilitate the process and complete deliverables
- Shadow the drafting of standard documents in accordance with agreed strategy and Sponsor expectations under the pressure of changing timelines
- Administratively supports facilitating internal and external opportunity management negotiations (i.e. pricing, process, resources, timelines, etc.) as needed
- Support timely delivery of assigned deliverables
- Performs timely and accurate data entry into corporate databases as directed
- Seeks appropriate knowledge of the technical and regulatory environments
- Complete other appropriate duties, as assigned by the manager, which require similar skills in accordance with business needs and common sense.
How to Apply
- Visit Covance career portal and submit your application: https://apaccareers-covance.icims.com/jobs/53980/internship---apac-proposals/job?mode=view&_ga=2.25505279.390496169.1610331272-679202612.1592890755