- Operational delivery
Accountable for project delivery with regards to agreed time, scope, cost and quality
- TEAM COMMUNICATION:
- Serve as key client contact for assigned projects, establishing working relationships with client project teams which result in client satisfaction, operational excellence and thereby increase potential for repeat business.
- Lead core project team(s) and facilitate team's ability to lead extended project team(s), ensuring effective cross-functional teamwork among project team members including both internal and external stakeholders. Depending on size and scope of project(s), this job duty may be performed in collaboration with a Project Director.
- Serve as escalation point for project issues to internal and external stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Proactively identify and resolve conflicts as needed.
- COST: Understand the project delivery strategy, costing assumptions and resulting budget for assigned project(s).
- SCOPE: Deliver project(s) to scope, schedule and costs, ensuring all remain on track with the contract and with financial performance targets. Initiate and implement appropriate actions to proactively manage the change control process both internally and externally.
- RISK: Proactively lead both quality control and risk assurance activities to ensure project deliverables are met according to regulatory, Covance and client requirements.
- QUALITY: Create and manage variance to required project plans. Per SOPs, implement and monitor progress against project plans and revise as necessary. Ensure that all staff allocated to assigned project(s) adheres to professional standards and SOPs, providing performance feedback to team member’s respective supervisors.
- Aid in development and maintenance of key project performance indicators for client specified metrics, ensuring that the KPIs are within scope of the project contract.
- Define and manage project resource needs and establish succession plans for key resources.
- Business Development
- In collaboration with relevant departments, prepare and deliver presentations for new business as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
• University/college degree (life science preferred) or certification in a related allied health profession (i.e. nursing, medical or laboratory technology) from an appropriately accredited institution
• Master or other advanced degree
• PMP certification
Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant clinical research experience in a pharmaceutical company/CRO, including at least two (2) years of full project management responsibility
On the Job Experience:
Working knowledge of ICH Guidelines and GCP including international regulatory requirements for the conduct of clinical development programs.
Advanced computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Access and Power Point)
Experience managing projects in a matrix and virtual environment
Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
Demonstrated ability to lead by example and to encourage team members to seek solutions independently
Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities and to utilize resources effectively
Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff within a matrix system
Financial awareness and ability to actively utilize financial tracking systems
Good knowledge of project management processes
Ability to work independently and mentor junior project team members
Ability to negotiate and liaise with clients in a professional manner
Ability to present to staff at all levels
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed