Duty and responsibility:
•Lead and supervise a team of payroll specialist, coordinating their daily activities and prioritizing work load ensuring the delivery of a high quality, responsive and sufficient payroll service.
•Understand teams’ payrolls and take necessary action to ensure seamless payroll service in event of absence or vacation of a team member.
• Ensure timely and accurate payroll processing across different countries, in strict accordance with the relevant statutory requirements. Ensure adherence to the company global, operational payroll processes and procedures.
• Promote the use of global payroll tools and prepare appropriate payroll calculations to ensure accurate and timely payroll processing.
• Effectively lead the team to ensure delivery of the Payroll team goals and objectives.
• Monitor Payroll Team performance, timely address of performance issues and conduct the annual performance reviews.
• Lead the yearly goal and objective setting of the team in accordance with the business strategy and policy; identify areas of improvement and address those in the individual development plans of the team.
• Assist the Payroll Manager with the development and implementation of policies, practices and procedures.
• Act as a Payroll Team focal point for internal communications, business and employees’ requests, and projects coordination within the team.
• Act as a single escalation point for employees’ and managers’ inquiries and be responsible for issue resolution or further escalation; Ensure timely responses for all payroll queries, as well as timely follow up and escalation with the vendors or the Payroll Team management where required.
• Assist the Payroll Manager in improving the Payroll team efficiency; identify, promote and lead the implementation of process standardization and process improvements.
• Take the lead on problem resolution of teams’ payrolls or local audits; ensure appropriate and timely escalation as required.
• Understand and offer guidance and review of Covance’s Equity Program
• Review and approve Commission payments.
• Review and approve Covance payments to third parties, ensuring they are reconciled and made in accordance with both internal and statutory time tables.
• Document and maintain payroll procedures manuals; Ensure all SOP documents of the team are reviewed and up to date.
• Ensure compliance with the local country legislation and requirements, acting as the Covance point of contact for any enquiries arising from local statutory bodies (e.g. Tax and Social funds) or associated audits.
• Partner with the payroll vendors and HR teams: a. to ensure smooth payroll service delivery; b. to promote process and service improvements; c. to ensure Year-End Statutory reporting to government are accurately done and on time.
Any Degree/ Professional degree
•Minimum 8 years experience in a similar role
•Experience in processing multi-country payroll's
• Experience with end to end payroll processing including: time management, leave administration, statutory registration, pay processing, expenses payment, payroll taxes, reporting payment generation and handling complex payroll queries from employees, finance and statutory bodies
• Must be customer-focused and comfortable working with a diverse group of people
• Good relationship management, negotiation and facilitation skills
• Good people management skills
• Familiar with MS Office suite, particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed