Global Specimen Solutions (GSS) is wholly owned company of Covance Inc., providing specialty services in the holistic specimen tracking space. GSS improves translational science through industry best practices and a uniquely powerful pipeline data management analytics solution. GSS reduces the time, cost and risk of specimen based research, while building robust, healthy data pipelines that optimize research opportunities.
Clinical Project Specialist for Global Specimen Solutions is responsible and accountable to deliver tasks according to procedural requirements and agreed upon service levels of Global Specimen Solutions for Covance Central Laboratory Services.
- Spends significant time on project management responsibilities.
- Works in a team-oriented, global environment with the focus on customer service, both internal/external.
- Act as primary representative between dedicated Sponsor(s) and project manager(s) when requested, as well as serving as a liaison between client, external and internal stake holders.
- Follow a defined, agreed upon project management plan
- Tracks project budgets
- Discloses risks of project and project deadlines to internal staff and clients
- Track and report metrics as determined by management according to required timelines.
- As assigned, oversees the implementation, and tracking of specific short-term and long-term projects for external clients which has a beginning, an end, and specified deliverables.
- As assigned, lead or assist in the planning, implementation and introduction of projects for GlobalCODE®, new system and technologies.
- Ensure timely escalation and issue resolution.
- Focuses on meeting project commitments, including communications with sponsors, internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintains and utilizes a strong knowledge of SOPs and validation work procedures/standards in relation to the System Development Life Cycle.
- University/College Degree (Life Science preferred), or certification in an allied health profession from an appropriate accredited institution (Ex: Nursing certification, Medical or laboratory technology) and 2-3 years of work experience in clinical research industry, with project co-ordination or management knowledge. In addition to above, Candidates without life sciences background but with relevant domain knowledge or experience may be considered, if deemed appropriate for specific tasks and activities.
- Preferred 4-6 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry with 2-3 years of experience in project management
- Proven ability to demonstrate leadership and teamwork skills
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Proven experience and knowledge of processes and tools used in department
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with internal departments
- Demonstrated a high degree of initiative and ability to work collaboratively
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong MS/Office skills in particular with Excel, Powerpoint outlook and Word.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Project, SmartSheets or other project tracking programs is an advantage.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed