- Analyzes biological or chemical samples and/or develops/validates methodologies for various compounds and components in compliance with appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts routine analyses in compliance with applicable method, protocols, SOPs, and regulatory agency.
- Maintains study documentation and laboratory records.
- Independently sets up, maintains, operates and performs routine and non-routine maintenance on general equipment, including problem identification and resolution.
- Participates in project meetings.
- Recognizes deviations from normal results and informs Study Director, Principal Investigator and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect the integrity of the data.
- Sets up and performs method development and validation of various analytes in a variety of matrices.
- Make suggestions for modifications in test methods or procedures.
- Provides input and participates in project meetings, plans, monitors and guides project work.
- Ability to serve as lead chemist on projects, overseeing a small group of technical staff, with supervision.
- Promotes a cohesive team environment.
- Plans assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively schedule multiple assignments.
- Organizes, conducts and evaluates analytical results and testing.
- Performs QC review of data.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Participates in client visits as needed, assists in communicating technical information.
- Assists in evaluation of data for incorporation into written reports.
- Effectively plans and utilizes personnel and resources for timely completion of assigned projects.
- Assists in writing reporting, methods, protocols and SOPs.
- Master of Science/Arts (BS/BA) degree in chemistry or related scientific field.
- Experience may be substituted for education.
- Familiar with the use of standard laboratory equipment.
- Basic knowledge of computers and software programs.
- 2-3 year related or relevant laboratory experience required with a BS/BA degree.
- 5-1 year related or relevant laboratory experience required with a MS degree.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed