- Perform standard clinical laboratory testing (hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, and chemistry) accurately and in a timely manner.
- Retrieve and check specimens against pending list. Document and resolve any specimen discrepancies. Notify laboratory management when specimen discrepancies are not resolved.
- Prepare workstation and instrumentation for the assigned testing.
- Receive, open and place in service all reagents according to SOPs.
- Prepare and properly label reagents and document according to SOPs.
- Operate instruments to perform testing in accordance with established written procedures.
- Resolve routine and non-routine assay problems with assistance.
- Process and ship samples according to study specific instructions
- Evaluates and solves problems related to the collection and processing of specimens.
- Ensure the validity of test results through the performance of established quality control procedures. Interpret quality control results according to established departmental procedures.
- Associate’s degree in medical laboratory technology
- One year documented laboratory training or experience in the specialty that testing is to be performed.
- Ability toperform basic computer skills (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, LIS).
Eligibility to take Medical Laboratory Technician certification examination or equivalent.
6 month to 1 year Clinical Laboratory experience, preferred.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed