Typically under the direction of a Sr. Project Manager/Project Director, the Project Manager oversees and manages domestic, regional and/or international clinical trials. Responsibilities typically include developing and managing budgets, timelines, and quality guidelines for projects, thereby ensuring that expectations are met while identifying and mitigating risks. The Project Manager also compiles and drives documentation for the project, ensuring the accuracy and quality of regulatory data. The Project Manager may have line management responsibilities.
Essential Job Duties:
- Lead core project team and facilitate team’s ability to lead extended/complete project team. Depending on size and scope of project, this job duty may be performed in collaboration with a Senior Project Manager and/or Project Director
- Ensure effective cross-functional teamwork among project team members including both internal and external ancillary services
- Serve as escalation point for CRA issues
- Resolve conflicts as needed
- Monitor project schedule and scope to ensure both remain on track. Implement and follow pre-approved procedures for any deviations
- Proactively engage in both quality assurance and risk management activities to ensure project deliverables are met according to both Covance and client requirements
- Ensure that all staff allocated to assigned project(s) adheres to professional standards and SOPs
- Initiate improvements to enhance the efficiency and the quality of the work performed on assigned projects
- Prepare and actively participate as operational lead in internal Project Review meetings. Depending on size and scope of project, this job duty may be performed in collaboration with a Senior Project Manager and/or Project Director
- Provide performance feedback of team members to respective supervisors
- Present at external and/or internal meetings
- Define and manage project resource needs and establish succession plans for key resources
- Create required project plans. Implement and monitor progress against project plans and revise as necessary
- Responsible for appropriate issue escalation to CAIR program and/or appropriate stakeholder(s)
- Serve as key client contact for assigned project(s)
- University/college degree (life science preferred) or certification in a related allied health profession (i.e. nursing, medical or laboratory technology) from an appropriately accredited institution
- Detailed knowledge of financial control procedures (i.e. costing systems, time reporting)
- Working knowledge of project management processes
- Working knowledge of time and cost estimate development
- Working knowledge of ICH Guidelines and GCP including international regulatory requirements for the conduct of clinical development programs
- Broad knowledge of drug development process and client needs.
- Masters or other advanced degree
- PMP certification
- Working knowledge of Covance and the overall structure of the organization
- Basic knowledge of Covance sales and business development strategies and procedures
- Working knowledge of Covance SOPs
Minimum of five (5) years relevant clinical research experience including demonstrated skills and competency in clinical project management tasks.
- In lieu of the above requirements, candidates with > six (6) years supervisory experience in a health care setting and five (5) years clinical research experience with at least one (1) year project management experience in the pharmaceutical or CRO industries will be considered
- Experience in managing projects in a virtual environment
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities and to utilize resources effectively
- Financial awareness and ability to actively utilize financial tracking systems
- Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff within a matrix system
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example and to encourage team members to seek solutions independently
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to negotiate and liaise with clients in a professional manner
- Ability to present to staff at all levels
- Good computer skills with good working knowledge of a range of computer programs.
** Oncology experience is critical as the PM will sit in the Oncology therapeutic area and manage oncology trials.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed