Analyzes biological or chemical samples and/or develops/validates methodologies for various compounds and components in compliance with appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs) and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Documents work and maintains study documentation and laboratory records.
- Independently sets up, maintains, operates and performs routine and non-routine maintenance on general equipment, including problem identification and resolution.
- Informs project management and/or line management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect the integrity of the data and recommends corrective action.
- Promotes a cohesive team environment.
- Suggests and performs modifications to test methods or procedures where precedence exists.
- Provides input and participates in project meetings, plans, monitors and guides project work.
- Serves as lead chemist on projects, overseeing a small group of technical staff, with minimal supervision.
- May interact in external client communications.
- Sets up and performs method development and validation of various analytes in a variety of matrices with limited supervision.
- Organizes, conducts and evaluates analytical results and testing.
- Performs QC review of data.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Trains and assists less experienced staff.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Writes, revises and reviews methods, SOPs and portions of reports and protocols.
- Participates in client visits as needed, assists in communicating technical information.
- Effectively plans and utilizes personnel and resources for timely completion of assigned projects.
- Assists in evaluation of data for incorporation into written reports.
- Bachelor of Science/Arts (BS/BA) degree in chemistry or related scientific field
- Experience may be substituted for education.
- Ability to perform advanced computer skills (e.g., Word, Excel).
- BS/BA degree in science plus at least 4-5 years of previous laboratory experience. Relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Experience with use and trouble shooting of analytical equipment is desired.
- Basic knowledge of computers and software programs.
- Familiar with the use of standard laboratory equipment.
- Effective communication (verbal and written), presentation and interpersonal skills.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed