Are you ready to discover you next career at Covance?
A career at Covance provides our employees the unique chance to create an immediate impact and difference in our patient’s lives. Joining Covance will offer a rewarding career, a chance to work in an energetic & team oriented work place, and access to competitive benefits. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and a vast array of career options, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning. As a Covance employee, your work will be meaningful, the patient outcomes are real, and the results are lasting.
Our mission is to help our clients bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner -- join us for your next career move.
As a Drug Safety / Pharmacovigilance(PV) Associate you will be assisting the local operational drug safety activities and have participate in the performance and success of the growing team in Korea.
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Manage the receipt and processing of all adverse event reports reported either spontaneously from any source or from a clinical trial. This includes, but is not limited to:
- entry of safety data onto adverse event database(s) and tracking systems
- review of adverse events for completeness, accuracy and appropriateness for expedited reporting
- write patient narratives
- code adverse events accurately using MedDRA
- determine expectedness/listedness against appropriate label
- identifies clinically significant information missing from initial reports and ensures its collection
- ensure case receives appropriate medical review
- prepare follow-up correspondence consulting the medical staff accordingly.
- ensure all cases that require expediting reporting to worldwide regulatory agencies are processed swiftly and appropriately within required timelines
- reporting of endpoints to clients, regulatory authorities, ethics committees, investigators and Covance project personnel, if required, within study specified timelines
- Manage the receipt, processing and quality review of expedited safety reports (ESRs) to South Korea MFDS. This includes, but is not limited to:
- maintenance of adverse event tracking systems
- set-up and maintenance of project files, core process files and central safety files
- contact with MFDS PV officer on local Korean SUSAR
- Maintain a strong understanding of Covance’s safety database conventions or client specific database conventions, as appropriate.
- Begin participating in signal detection and trend and pattern recognition activities, as appropriate.
- Begin preparing timely pharmacovigilance reports for products and safety issues, including Individual Case Summary Reports (ICSRs) of Serious Adverse Events
- Assist in the preparation of listings for Annual IND reports, Periodic Reports (PRs) and Periodic Safety Update Reports (PSURs).
- Work with Data Management or client on reconciliation of safety databases.
- Begin participating in the generation of monthly status and other project-specific reports ensuring the quality and accuracy of metrics and data provided.
- Support/train less experienced safety staff in all aspects of case-handling, adverse event reporting.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of Covance Safety’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Work Instructions (WI), guidance documents and directives associated with safety management, reporting and pharmacovigilance.
- Possess knowledge of other procedural documents, e.g., SOPs, etc. that impact Safety.
- Ensure compliant safety reporting in accordance with US and international reporting regulations, SOPs and safety processing guidelines set forth by departmental management team and the client.
- Build and maintain good PSS relationships across functional units.
- Demonstrate role-specific Competencies on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrate company Values on a consistent basis.
- Begin to develop a good knowledge of contract assumptions; identifying out of scope work.
- Read and understand Safety Management Plans (SMPs), Reconciliation Plans, and other safety-specific plans ensuring optimal efficiency.
- Begin participating in Covance project teams and client meetings as appropriate.
- Assist in the review of cumulative safety data for submission to Drug Safety Monitoring Boards (DSMBs), regulatory authorities or clients.
- Assist with the set-up of, and the provision of data to, Safety Committees/DSMBs.
- Assist in the co-ordination of endpoint committees, as required.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.