- Manage a high number of vendors with various specialties on complex studies independently.
- Review 3rd party vendor proposals and make selections of qualified vendors to provide services on assigned projects utilizing the qualified/preferred 3rd party vendor list.
- Review vendor contracts for inclusion of appropriate scope, pricing and agreed service standards.
Obtain appropriate Project Management and Client approvals for original vendor scope and budget and for any subsequent scope changes.
- Work closely with Clinical Sourcing Group to ensure all vendor related contract documentation is approved and processed on-time.
- Participate in and present vendor management processes in project KOMs
- Participate in Investigator’s Meetings and provide training on 3rd party vendor services, if required.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with the 3rd party vendors.
- Create Vendor Management Plan on assigned projects and obtain study team and Client approval.
- Serve as a liaison between the operational study teams, Client and 3rd party vendor(s).
- Analyze vendor performance trends and provide proactive issue resolution.
- Perform proactive assessments of vendor service risk and recommend mitigating actions.
- Provide oversight of review and approval of vendor invoices based on the terms of the contract.
- Maintain status of budget vs actual spend for all 3rd party contracts.
- Provide oversight of tracking and filing of vendor management and 3rd party vendor documentation in eTMF according to eTMF guidelines.
- Function as an SME for a vendor specialty or a departmental process within GVM group.
- If required, manage vendor services across several studies of one client.
- Participate and independently support vendor management processes in client audits of assigned projects.
- Support onboarding of new hires and mentoring of junior VMs and VM specialists.
- Provide support with proposal development by obtaining quotes from 3rd party vendors.Lead departmental process improvement initiatives.
- Complete other tasks, as assigned by management
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, with Degree in life sciences or related studies preferred
Minimum 4 years of related experience in the CRO industry
Operational team project management experience required
Vendor specialty experience preferred
Ability to handle multiple priorities and work well under pressure
Ability to meet tight deadlines
Ability to think ‘out of the box’
Effective negotiation skills
Strong presentation skills
Strong client facing skills
Training and mentoring skills preferred
Tenacious in follow-up/follow-through
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed