COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries. You can make a difference by helping to deliver life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to people around the world. Our commitment to this mission has resulted in Covance’s impressive history of company stability and growth. We’ve achieved these results by fostering a work environment that encourages, develops and leverages our team’s capabilities.
This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring miracle of medicine to market sooner.
- Marketing of the company services and capabilities to local and regional clients within Japan.
- Interface between the company and the industry
- Responsible for selling our Clinical Development Services
- Responsible for setting and managing customer accounts
- Responsible for achieving sales targets for assigned customer accounts
- Responsible for maintaining frequent personal contact with clients (≥50% field time
Sells services, manages customer expectations, establishes and nurtures client relationships for the Clinical Support Services sales group to achieve overall sales targets.
Sells multiple services
- Recognizes and communicates opportunities for other business units
Sets and manages customer expectations
- Collaborates with company wide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction
- Participates in sales and marketing related audits and focus groups
Achieves sales targets for assigned accounts
- Designs and executes customer account plans
Establishes and nurtures client relationships
- Meets face-to-face with clients
Acts as a coach and mentor within sphere of influence
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
SALES ABILITY/PERSUASIVENESS Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of an idea, plan, activity, or product from prospects and clientele.
NEGOTIATION Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain support and acceptance.
INITIATIVE Making active attempts to influence events to achieve goals; self starting rather than accepting passively; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
ABILITY TO LEARN Assimilating and applying, in a timely manner, new job related information that may vary in complexity.
STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP Creating and achieving a desired future state (vision) through influence on organizational values, individual and group goals, reinforcements and systems.
VISIONARY LEADERSHIP Creating a desired future state through helping others see, and emotionally feel, how things can be different (and better).
- BS/BA degree or equivalent higher educational certification (or 4+ years of directly related experience)
Experience 4-6 years of successful outside sales experience preferably in clinical trial management
- Fundamental understanding of basic financial concepts
- Proficiency with personal computers and related software
- Must have or be eligible for a valid passport and driver’s license
- Native level Japanese, and Business Level English skills
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed