Covance’s Global Specimen Solutions (GSS) business provides specialty services in the holistic specimen tracking space. GSS improves translational science in the drug discovery process through industry best practices and a uniquely powerful pipeline data management analytics solution. GSS reduces the time, cost and risk of specimen based research, while building robust, healthy data pipelines that optimize research opportunities.
- Interacting with other members of the GSS Data Standards Team on a daily basis, attending all relevant meetings and discussions.
- Actively working with GSS Data Management, Clinical and Regulatory Ops, Information Technology, Project Management, Client Engagement and Vendor Engagement addressing questions and resolving issues related to GSS Data Standards.
- Essential Job Duties:
- Contributing to the achievement of GSS Data Standards Consistency Strategic Initiatives including, but not limited to Master Data Management tool, Master Data Governance, Data Dictionary Management and data standards harmonization activities, with the goal of improving efficiency for GSS Operations.
- Maintaining the GSS Comprehensive Data Dictionary (The Dictionary)
- Managing changes to The Dictionary through the Master Data Management Tool. This includes receiving, processing and taking appropriate actions on controlled terminology requests from internal and external clients.
- Monitoring industry standards and best practices related to clinical data standards/data management in order to bring new ideas and concepts to the Data Standards Team
- Effective and timely adherence to management communications, meetings and procedures.
Level of education preferred (if required or experience level which may be substituted for level of education).
- Four-year University degree
- 3-4 years of relevant experience
- Highly detail oriented
- Demonstrated strength in problem solving and organization
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong customer satisfaction skills
- Experience with clinical data management or data standards is a plus
- Programming skills in SQL a plus
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed