Summarize the scope and primary responsibilities of the position
- The Employee Relations Consultant will provide guidance and direction to managers and employees regarding non-complex, routine issues as part of the Employee Relations Center of Excellence (ER CoE) team.
- This position is an intermediate level position and is responsible for managing ER issues and case documentation.
- The ER Consultant will also serve as an escalation point for complex workplace conflicts, concerns, and investigations.
- This individual will also be responsible for the coordination of leadership development programs offered by the CoE.
Essential Job Duties:
- Advises and counsels managers on routine performance issues and early stage coaching with the intended goal of growing manager's expertise in this area. May assist in resolving employee/manager issues before they escalate into more serious disagreements or performance issues.
- Leads managers in developing appropriate documentation to support the coaching process.
- Conducts ER investigations and consult with the ER Director and Legal
- Responsible for tracking and analyzing ER metrics.
- Advises on disciplinary and other formal processes in accordance with Covance policies and appropriate regulatory guidelines. (i.e. attendance issues, failure to follow SOPs, quality issues)
- Leads and/or participates in various employee relations projects and activities.
- Partners with HR Business Partners, Legal and Business Leaders to solicit feedback and make recommendations for the continuous improvement of the Employee Relations CoE.
- Contributes to communication and change efforts with HR, Legal, Business Leaders, Managers, and Employees that support the vision and value of the Employee Relations CoE.
- Delivers and coordinates skill building training for managers.
- Manages less complex ER cases.
- Formal meeting coordination including interview note taking.
Principal Contacts and Scope of Communications
List the people and functions the position is expected to directly interact with (state frequency of interaction).
- Supervisors and Managers
- Employees and contingent workers
- ER Managers & Directors
- Peoples Services Center Staff
- External Compliance Agencies
- HR Business Partners
- Proven HR and ER experience with several years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of relevant employment and labor laws.
- Ability to interpret Covance policies and ability to refer managers and employees to relevant policies, tools, documents, etc.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive issues.
- Skilled at prioritizing issues that are time-sensitive.
- Awareness of multiple HR disciplines and processes (i.e., compensation, benefits, talent acquisition).
- Competent with case management tools and Microsoft Office.
- Customer service focused.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Effective problem solving skills. Flexibility and willingness to deal with competing priorities and assist others as needed in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated patience, tact, and respect.
- Demonstrated exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Please also feel freely to drop me a line to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this great opportunity!