- Read, understand and program EDC objects/SAS programming as per the specification documents which meets client requirements and projects.
- Work on EDC edit checks, DB design, custom functions, SAS checks, listings as required with guidance from senior staff.
- Complete assigned work utilizing Medidata RAVE or Oracle InForm or SAS or other proprietary software according to Covance SOPs, Work Instructions ,and project specific guidelines in accordance with Good Clinical Practices
- Prioritize personal workload to meet specified completion dates.
- Maintain and program study databases for assigned projects and SAS programming as assigned by managers.
- Perform all work with knowledge of regulations pertaining to computerized systems to projects to ensure compliance.
- Ensure quality of personal work
- Interact with project team members in related discipline e. g. Clinical Data Management, Clinical Operations and Data Management.
- Display a positive attitude at all times, promoting and contributing to good team spirit in a professional environment
- Continuously learn and improve communication and technical skills.
- Attention to detail is essential and all tasks must be carried out to the highest standard.
- Develop good problem solving skills and a willingness to learn and seek advice from senior Programming staff
- Acquire knowledge of other aspects of the work of a Associate Programmer under the supervision of the senior Programming staff
- Carry out all activities according to Covance SOPs working within the framework of the Quality Management System and to Good Clinical Practice (GCP).
- Perform other duties as assigned by senior Programming staff.
- University/college degree (life science, computer science, programming, pharmacy or related subject preferred), or certification in a related profession from an appropriately accredited institution (e.g., nursing certification, computer science, medical or laboratory technology)
- Basic knowledge of drug development process and Clinical Data Management System Programming.
- Basic knowledge of relational databases preferred
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Zero to 1 year of relevant work experience to include data management and database support: EDC systems programming or SAS programming.
- Good problem solving skills and a proactive approach
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of clinical trial process to support operations preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively under supervision
- Ability to prioritize work
- Good time management skills and maintain the highest standards of quality work
- A cooperative and team oriented approach
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed