The Payroll Specialist will provide full functional payroll support for the allocated APAC payrolls, ensuring they are processed accurately and on-time. They will ensure statutory compliance within their assigned APAC countries are being adhered to and provide updates of legislative changes. They will ensure processing, payments and reporting deadlines are being met in a timely and accurate manner. They will also provide support to the APAC Payroll manager and Senior Payroll Manager to promote and implement process excellence and initiatives that will attract, motivate and retain talented and diverse employees across APAC.
- Partners with Payroll Bureaus, HR Hiring Services, Recruitment, People Services, GPO (Data Center), Managers, Benefits, Rewards, HR Partners and APAC and Shared Services Finance teams to ensure the effective delivery of employee payroll processing on a monthly basis. As well as delivering Year End reporting and submission. For the APAC region. (1 to 4) Approx 60%
- Responsible for sending payroll related data to the local payroll bureaus for payroll processing, adhering to the payroll calendar deadlines.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving final payroll (before Payroll vendor confirms and processes pay)
- Responsible for downloading the payroll output documents and distributing to the relevant team / individual within the Covance Business
- Providing monthly advance Cash Funding Forecast so that Treasury department can transfer enough fund in the relevant bank account for all payroll related payments. Also managing all payment processes using FSA, CITI Bank template and bank file upload and partnering g with the Accounting team for approval and payment release. Approx 10%
- Query Management liaising with the business and Payroll Vendors to resolve queries on behalf of Covance Employees. Approx 10%
- Prepare monthly Payroll Journal and Gross to Net report for the Finance department. Working with the local Payroll Bureau to ensure that these are supplied on a timely manner before month end. Also support all queries Covance Finance might have. Approx 5%
- Support and participant in new initiative/project work such as new country implementation, local country legislation change implementation, local country mandatory salary increase, Covance system update (EAF & HR Solution), Disaster Recovery Documentations,– Approx this can be between 10% to 25% depending on the level of deliverables.
- Maintain and regularly update Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) - capturing end-to-end processes/procedures to ensure clear guidelines are in place on how to run country specific payroll, understanding multiple countries local legislation and also to help manage the queries to the employees. Approx 5% to 15% depending if a new one need to be done or just need to do an update?
- Acts as a focal point for HR transactional service customers on payroll issues. Approx 5%
- Complete monthly metrics on performance to review on a monthly basis. Monthly Checklist Management and Invoices managements Approx 5%
- Ensures regular communications are sent to Covance business to ensure employees are aware of the ‘transition’ process of dealing with payroll queries. Approx 5%
- Develops, maintains and facilitates effective relationships with all Stakeholders, Covance business and Covance specialist functions to ensure Covance is returning best value from its supplier relationships. Approx 5% to 10%