Grow your career with a global organization
Do you have knowledge in genomics? Are you looking to extend your experience as a medical technologist in a dynamic, team-focused environment?
If you are looking for a growth opportunity within a supportive team, consider working at Covance as a Medical Technologist.
In this role, you will:
- Perform assigned clinical laboratory testing accurately and in a timely manner, in accordance with established written procedures. Resolves routine and non-routine assay problems.
- Ensure the validity of tests results through the performance of established quality assurance and quality control procedures. Evaluation of new calibrator and/or QC lots, summarize investigations for review by management, documentation of QC results, analyze proficiency testing survey samples as patient specimens.
- Reagents/Materials/Supplies: Receive, open and place in service all reagents/materials according to SOPs. Perform inventory control of supplies and reagents as approved by management.
- Result Entry (Auto-verification and manual entry). When data is manually entered (e.g. QC, patient data) ensure peer review is performed and documented prior to release of results. Prepare proper documentation of test results and enter into the information system. Generate an appropriate audit trail for all activities. Document and communicate any result reporting problems or inconsistencies to laboratory management. Complete testing within the expected turnaround time to meet customers’ expectations.
- Ensures maintenance of instruments and equipment is performed according to manufacturer and SOP requirements, and documented according to SOP. Perform basic instrument and equipment troubleshooting.
- Comply with regulatory guidelines and Covance Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) at all times.
- Training: Individual is responsible for maintaining his/her complete up-to-date training file and is accountable for correcting and deficiencies found in his/her training file. Individual is responsible for ensuring he/she is trained and training is documented prior to performing a task. The individual successfully completes, as scheduled, competency assessment and ensures competency testing documentation is provided to management for review/retention. Competently performs department duties as set forth in the department training checklist(s). Attends, as scheduled, department, mandatory and other meetings and training, as required according to training matrices.
- Work to achieve partnership with both internal customers and external clients by: Pull data in a timely manner for review by QA and external clients. Contribute to the provision of accurate verbal or written response to internal QA and client audit findings. Coordinate, where needed, with other resources to resolve issue. Researches and prepares a response following investigation for quality purposes. Coordinate, where needed, with other resources to resolve issue.
- Adheres to established Safety policies and Universal precaution guidelines at all times. Maintains a clean, organized and safe work environment. Minimizes biohazard waste. Cleans workstation and materials daily.
- Takes action for the department when additional responsibilities and opportunities are presented.
- Other duties as assigned.
Build your skills at Covance
Benefit from our experience generating more clinical trial data than any other central laboratory in the world. You’ll gain exposure to our cutting-edge automated testing systems and advanced technologies while conducting tests that help advance life-changing medicines.
Why Work with Covance:
- Energizing Purpose
- Exceptional People
- Extraordinary Potential
Get to know Covance
We are focused on a workplace unlike any other; a place where you can build a rewarding career with talented colleagues while positively improving health and improving lives acrooss the globe.
Covance, the drug development business of LabCorp, is the world’s most comprehensive drug development services company. Because of our broad experience, from early research to commercialization, our more than 20,000 employees from across the globe are in a unique position to supply insights that go above and beyond testing. Our team’s impact on healthcare is remarkable. Through their everyday work they’ve supported 100% of the top 50 drugs on the market and all the oncology drugs approved in 2016. Even though we span multiple businesses, we operate as one, sharing our knowledge to improve our efficiency and deliver on the promise of a healthier world.
Bringing new medicines to market requires bold ideas. That’s why we empower our exceptional people with mentoring, in-depth training and tailored career planning. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career journey and develop alongside supportive, industry leaders who are passionate about your individual success. At Covance, you’ll discover your own extraordinary potential as you explore diverse projects and unique career paths across the drug development spectrum.
Join us and discover your energized purpose as we transform possibilities into reality for our clients—and your career.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Other work details:
Please note that this role involve rotating shifts:
- Monday - Friday or Tuesday - Saturday (rotated monthly)
- 7:00-16:00 or 8:30-17:30 or 9:00-18:00 or 10:00-19:00 or 12:00-21:00 (rotated weekly)
- Shift allowance of $25 will be paid if working 12:00-21:00
- Taxi reimbursement home to office if scheduled for 7am shift
- Taxi reimbursement office to home after 21:00
- Eligible for OT