Work Location: Bangalore
- Functional leadership with overall global responsibility for delivering technical services (Imaging, EDC Database set-up, data integration and support) to achieve quality on time requirements for data management projects.
- Assist with and implement global strategies regarding data management database activities to increase productivity, increase financial margins and business market shares.
- Maintaining optimal department processes and implementing excellent project-specific strategies.
- Develop and maintain a close liaison with project team members, and Data Managers to drive the technical aspects of project delivery.
- Management of clinical data management system vendors to achieve the productivity, quality, and timelines requirements of projects.
- Serve as the technical leader.
- Supervise, mentor and evaluate performance of technical services staff and leadership in various locations and aide in staff development, career development, interpersonal skills, and achievement of competency standards.
- Assist in the development and implementation of solutions to global technical service issues and concerns regarding database activities, including proactive prevention strategies based on metrics and forecasts.
- Support Data Management service budgets by providing forecasts of technical services staff based on contracted services.
- Provide expertise and advice to Data Management to produce quality clinical data.
- Support technical services staff in achieving internal and external client satisfaction through delivery of quality deliverables, on-time and on-budget.
- Receive client satisfaction surveys and implement appropriate action plans as necessary.
- Assist in development of global technical services competency models and assist with the development of training programs to ensure staff achievement of position competencies.
- Participate in the development of global, harmonized SOPs and specific quality work instruction for study design group activities.
- Maintain budget for technical service staff activities that contribute to data management objectives.
- Maintain productivity and quality indicators for the clinical application programmers.
- Assist in the process of the Inter-Company Agreements and collaborate with Business Development and Finance to standardize guidelines, process, and costs for proposals contracts.
- Manage utilization and billability of technical service staff, planning for resource allocation / recruitment based on forecasts, metrics, individual skills, competencies, and availability.
- Assist with revenue and operating margin performance of the global data management group to agreed targets.
- Maintain technical competency through participation in internal and external professional seminars.
- Provide advice and support to business development for time and cost estimates and prepare and present to potential clients on global technical support capabilities.
- Assist with business development and marketing activities at client presentations and professional seminars.
- Review literature and research technologies/procedures for improving global technical services staff practices.
- Create strategy and ensure participation of technical services staff in professional organizations such as Oracle User Group or Medidata User Group.
- Ensure all staff activities are completed according to Covance SOPs, Work Instructions and project specific guidelines and are in accordance with Good Clinical Practice.
- Conduct technical planning for multi-protocol projects.
- Meets with each manager to discuss technical strategies, contractual obligations and timelines. Resource staff appropriately to meet needs.
- Ensure review of draft and final annotated data capture instruments and Physical Data Models for projects to ensure quality and consistency. Ensure quality control procedures are followed for database development.
- Ensure the filing of study documentation is maintained to the standard required according to processes and acceptable for audit.
- Initiate and participate in the ongoing review of the processes used by the Technical Services Group to ensure adaptation of best practices.
- Interact with the management and wider team in related disciplines, e.g., Clinical Data Management, Biometrics and Global Applications, to ensure consistency in approach, ongoing co-operation and teamwork and regular discussion regarding process improvements.
- Track project milestones and budget usage for the database programming and study build tasks.
- Ensure standardization of OC global library objectives to enhance reusability.
- Communicate on a global level and encourage teamwork on a global basis.
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables; development of technical solutions to abstract problems which require the use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving skills, a proactive approach and a willingness to make decisions on a regular basis and communicate these clearly.
- Take an overview of difficult projects, providing ongoing supervision, advice and consultation to the SDP Group for Oracle InForm or Medidata RAVE to ensure timely and efficient completion of these projects. Ensure all issues raised are addressed and all potential issues are handled proactively.
- Assist with ongoing financial review of projects to ensure that all issues and highlighted and resolved as quickly as possible and all non-contract tasks are identified, tracked and included in change order forms.
- Work with training specialists and other disciplines to ensure project and line teams are receiving training required fulfilling current role or development. Provide ongoing technical training and mentoring for the staff to ensure thorough knowledge of the processes used and the ongoing technical development.
- Prioritize personal workload and that of the team to meet specified completion dates and perform work without direction.
- Ensure good communication across the global management team.
- Work closely with the Human Resources team to devise recruitment strategies to maximize our ability to find and recruit high caliber staff. Perform interview utilizing DDI selection process
Top 3 reasons you should join us:
- Energizing purpose: Our work improves lives. Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop 100% of the top 50 prescription drugs in the marketplace today. You will personally contribute every day to advancing healthcare.
- Exceptional people: You will join a growing team of people who have a common goal for exceptional service and quality. You will learn from the most talented minds and subject matter experts, in an agile, supportive, and caring environment.
- Extraordinary potential: You will work in a most stimulating and a flexible work environment that will help you thrive personally and professionally.
Get to know Covance
Covance, a $15 billion Fortune 500 company, with operations in over 97 countries, has led the way in improving patient outcomes through visionary data sciences over the last five decades. We have supported 100% of the top 50 drugs in the market and all the oncology medicines approved in 2016. Our team of over 57,000 across the globe is committed to advancing healthcare and bringing new medicines to market sooner. Our unique perspectives, built from decades of scientific expertise and precision delivery, help our clients identify new approaches and anticipate tomorrow’s challenges as they evolve. Driven by a passion for excellence and a relentless commitment to quality, we unlock opportunities that advance innovation and deliver the promise of a healthier world. Together, with our large pharmaceutical and emerging biotech clients, Covance transforms today's health care challenges into tomorrow's solutions.
Over the years we have been recognised and applauded for our efforts in the creation of personalised medicines and innovative therapies to deliver on the promise of a healthier world. Some of our recent accolades:
- LabCorp named in FORTUNE Magazine's 2018 list of ‘World’s Most Admired Companies”
- Frost & Sullivan Best Practice Award – Asia Pacific CRO Growth Excellence Leadership Award
- IMDiversity – Corporate Diversity Honor Roll
- Flexjobs – Top 100 Remote Work – Company to Watch
- Life Science Strategy Group – Rated as the CRO “Making the right moves to be successful in the future”
To learn more about our exciting opportunities in India, visit www.Covance.com/IndiaCareers