Work location: Mumbai
- Lead core project team and facilitate team’s ability to lead extended/complete project team. Depending on size and scope of project, this job duty may be performed in collaboration with a Project Director.
- Ensure effective cross-functional teamwork among project team members including both internal and external ancillary services.
- Serve as escalation point for project issues.
- Resolve conflicts as needed.
- Lead implementation of Six Sigma initiatives on projects as applicable.
- Monitor project schedule and scope to ensure both remain on track. Initiate and implement appropriate actions.
- Proactively engage in both quality assurance and risk management activities to ensure project deliverables are met according to both Covance and client requirements.
- Accountable for budget across assigned project(s) including the control and minimizing of write-offs. Proactively identify out of scope activities and execute necessary change orders.
- Collaborate with finance to initiate monthly invoicing.
- Ensure that all staff allocated to assigned project(s) adheres to professional standards and SOPs.
- Initiate improvements to enhance the efficiency and the quality of the work performed on assigned projects.
- Provide performance feedback of team members to respective supervisors.
- Present at external and/or internal meetings.
- Ensure client satisfaction.
- Define and manage project resource needs and establish succession plans for key resources.
- Create required project plans. Implement and monitor progress against project plans and revise as necessary.
- Responsible for appropriate issue escalation to CAIR program and/or appropriate stakeholder(s).
- Serve as key client contact for assigned projects.
- Establish working relationships with client project teams which result in client satisfaction, operational excellence and thereby increase potential for repeat business.
- Prepare and actively participate as operational lead in internal project review meetings. Depending on size and scope of project, this job duty may be performed in collaboration with a Project Director.
- In collaboration with relevant departments, prepare and deliver presentations for new business as required.
- May have leadership responsibilities for the training, utilization, development and performance review of assigned staff.
- Meet resource management and utilization targets for assigned staff.
- Meet financial performance targets for the assigned projects and proactively manage change control process both internally and externally.
- Ensure lessons learned are implemented across projects currently being managed.
- Contribute to development and management of client project metrics.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Top 3 reasons you should join us:
- Energizing purpose: Our work improves lives. Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop 100% of the top 50 prescription drugs in the marketplace today. You will personally contribute every day to advancing healthcare.
- Exceptional people: You will join a growing team of people who have a common goal for exceptional service and quality. You will learn from the most talented minds and subject matter experts, in an agile, supportive, and caring environment.
- Extraordinary potential: You will work in a most stimulating and a flexible work environment that will help you thrive personally and professionally.
Get to know Covance
Covance, a $15 billion Fortune 500 company, with operations in over 97 countries, has led the way in improving patient outcomes through visionary data sciences over the last five decades. We have supported 100% of the top 50 drugs in the market and all the oncology medicines approved in 2016. Our team of over 57,000 across the globe is committed to advancing healthcare and bringing new medicines to market sooner. Our unique perspectives, built from decades of scientific expertise and precision delivery, help our clients identify new approaches and anticipate tomorrow’s challenges as they evolve. Driven by a passion for excellence and a relentless commitment to quality, we unlock opportunities that advance innovation and deliver the promise of a healthier world. Together, with our large pharmaceutical and emerging biotech clients, Covance transforms today's health care challenges into tomorrow's solutions.
Over the years we have been recognised and applauded for our efforts in the creation of personalised medicines and innovative therapies to deliver on the promise of a healthier world. Some of our recent accolades are:
- LabCorp named to FORTUNE Magazine's 2018 List of ‘World’s Most Admired Companies
- Frost & Sullivan Best Practice Award – Asia Pacific CRO Growth Excellence Leadership Award
- IMDiversity – Corporate Diversity Honor Roll
- Flexjobs – Top 100 Remote Work – Company to Watch
- Life Science Strategy Group – Rated as the CRO “Making the right moves to be successful in the future”
To learn more about our exciting opportunities in India, visit www.Covance.com/IndiaCareers