Laboratory Pre-Analytical Services
- Ensure proper temperature of specimens are maintained
- Ensure timely processing of kits and requisitions
- Ensure all testing requested is ordered
- Ensure timely delivery of specimens to the Laboratory
- Ensure timely communication with departments/clients concerning processing problems
- Ensure sufficient documentation of all processes
- Ensure that specimens are picked up from Laboratory Pre-Analytical Services, sorted and pre-scanned into the appropriate temperature bins in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for registration and processing of specimens into correct storage temperature
- Generation and application of specialized labels to include mini labels and computer generated bar codes.
- Process, register, package and ship samples requiring special handling
- Research and resolution of problem samples and correct routing of these specimens maintaining documentation during the process.
- Accountable for accurately identifying specimens that need to be discarded and completing the discard process
- Perform domestic and/or in-house shipping procedures.
- Maintain inventory records for items used in daily workflow.
- Consolidate and move drawers as specified to effectively utilize freezer space.
- Freezer maintenanceGeneral responsibilities
Follow SOPs to guarantee compliance, uniformity, and standardization of methods
Incumbent is responsible for maintaining their complete up-to-date training file.
Other duties as assigned