Work Location: Bangalore
Serve as a member of the project team with primary responsibility for clinical data review, query generation / resolution and reconciliation activities to support the delivery of clinical data according to client quality and integrity specifications and project timelines and productivity targets.
Development of the project data management plan, including the creation of data acquisition conventions and data review guidelines / diagnostics specification; and set-up of the data management systems according to project requirements.
Serve as the technical data management leader on small to moderate project with technical oversight of data management activities for the delivery of clinical data according to client quality and integrity specifications, and project timelines and budgets.
Essential Job Duties
- Review clinical trial data in accordance with [Global] Data Management plans and applicable standardized data management processes (SOPs, work instructions, etc.) to identify erroneous, missing, incomplete, or implausible data.
- Run ancilliary programs (e.g. Diagnostics, special listings, reconciliation discrepancy listings) used to support the review of clinical trial data.
- Generate, resolve and trach queries to address problematic data identified during data review activities and apply proper modification / correction to the data base.
- Interact with the dictionary coding and maintenance group to ensure appropriate process set-up and application.
- Perform Reconciliation of the clinical and safety databases.
- Perform Reconciliation of central laboratory and / or third party vendor data (eCRF, eDiary, specialty laboratory, etc)
- Apply quality control procedures and checks to ensure data quality standards(client and Covance) are achieved.
- Serve as a reviewer of project documents such as protocols, CRFs (or eCRFs and eDiary), monitoring conventions, CRF (eCRF) completion guidelines, etc.
- Assist with the development of [Global] Data management Plans and Quality management [QM] Plans that will deliver accurate, timely, consistent, and quality clinical data.
- Assist in the development of clinical data model and / or database design and annotate the CRF (eCRF) accroding to these specifications.
- Assist in the creation of data acquisition conventions and data review guidelines / diagnostic specifications consistent with the clinical data model, [statistical] analysis plans, and CRF (eCRF) completion / monitoring conventions.
- Assist in the development and testing of data management system edit / data validation checks (diagnostics) and special listings / procedures used as tools for the data review and discrepancy management activities.
- Interact and collaborate with other project and specialty team members(clincal, programming, statistics, CDM technical support, drug safety, etc.) to support the set-up, maintainence, and closure of the data management aspects of the project to ensure consistent, cohesive data handling and quality.
- Serve as a contact for project meetings and CDM status updates.
- Potentially support for business development for data management time and cost estimates and prepare and present to potential clients on global data management capabilities.
- Support the training of project staff on project-specific, global, standardized data management processes.
- Maintain technical data management competencies via participation in internal and external training seminars.
- Review literature and research technologies / procedures for improving global data management practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Top 3 reasons you should join us:
- Energizing purpose: Our work improves lives. Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop 100% of the top 50 prescription drugs in the marketplace today. You will personally contribute every day to advancing healthcare.
- Exceptional people: You will join a growing team of people who have a common goal for exceptional service and quality. You will learn from the most talented minds and subject matter experts, in an agile, supportive, and caring environment.
- Extraordinary potential: You will work in a most stimulating and a flexible work environment that will help you thrive personally and professionally.
Get to know Covance
Covance, a $15 billion Fortune 500 company, with operations in over 97 countries, has led the way in improving patient outcomes through visionary data sciences over the last five decades. We have supported 100% of the top 50 drugs in the market and all the oncology medicines approved in 2016. Our team of over 57,000 across the globe is committed to advancing healthcare and bringing new medicines to market sooner. Our unique perspectives, built from decades of scientific expertise and precision delivery, help our clients identify new approaches and anticipate tomorrow’s challenges as they evolve. Driven by a passion for excellence and a relentless commitment to quality, we unlock opportunities that advance innovation and deliver the promise of a healthier world. Together, with our large pharmaceutical and emerging biotech clients, Covance transforms today's health care challenges into tomorrow's solutions.
Over the years we have been recognised and applauded for our efforts in the creation of personalised medicines and innovative therapies to deliver on the promise of a healthier world. Some of our recent accolades:
- LabCorp named in FORTUNE Magazine's 2018 list of ‘World’s Most Admired Companies”
- Frost & Sullivan Best Practice Award – Asia Pacific CRO Growth Excellence Leadership Award
- IMDiversity – Corporate Diversity Honor Roll
- Flexjobs – Top 100 Remote Work – Company to Watch
- Life Science Strategy Group – Rated as the CRO “Making the right moves to be successful in the future”
To learn more about our exciting opportunities in India, visit www.Covance.com/IndiaCareers