Work Location: Bangalore
The role of the post holder is to assist in the provision of a statistical programming service. The primary activity of the statistical programmer is to develop and review SAS programs and output for the management and reporting of clinical trial data. After sufficient experience.
Essential Job Duties
- Act as a Lead Programmer overseeing technical planning for increasingly complex projects including global and mutiple study projects, Integrated of Summary of Safety (ISS) and Integrated Summary of Efficacy (ISE) and electronic submissions.
- Supervision of less-experienced statistical programmers within project activities.
- Carry out line management responsibilities for assigned staff, including performance management and development activities, disciplinary procedures and administrative activities.
- Act as the Biometrics Project Manager for assigned Projects.
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables; development of technical solutions to abstract problems which require the use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Review and interpret Statistical Analysis Plans and provide comments for assigned projects.
- Ensure quality of personal work and the work of the programming team when acting as a Biometrics Project Manager and Lead Programmer meeting completions dates with minimal supervision.
- Representing Statistical Programming at Internal project team meetings, client meetings and audits.
- Contribute to proposal activities and client presentations providing time and cost estimates for statistical programming activities.
- Perform ongoing review of hours for assigned projects, ensure all issues are highlighted and resolved as quickly as possible and ensure all non-contract tasks are identified, tracked and included in change order forms.
- Provide ongoing supervision, advice and consultation to Lead Programmers and programming team to ensure timely and efficient completion of projects.
- Provide feedback to management on the development potential of staff to assist in staff development.
- Perform interviews for selection of potential candidates.
- Ensure that study documentation is maintained to the standard required according to processes and acceptable for audit.
- Provide input into assessments of resource requirements on regular basis. Provide feedback to management if any action is needed to increase utilization, improve efficiency or amend the resource levels required on a project.
- Encourage and participate in the ongoing review of the processes used by the statistical Programming group to ensure processes are continually improved.
- Carry out all activities according to Covance SOPs working within the framework of the Quality management system and to Good Clinical Practice (GCP). Ensure Adherence to programming guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Senior Statistical Programming staff.
Top 3 reasons you should join us:
- Energizing purpose: Our work improves lives. Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop 100% of the top 50 prescription drugs in the marketplace today. You will personally contribute every day to advancing healthcare.
- Exceptional people: You will join a growing team of people who have a common goal for exceptional service and quality. You will learn from the most talented minds and subject matter experts, in an agile, supportive, and caring environment.
- Extraordinary potential: You will work in a most stimulating and a flexible work environment that will help you thrive personally and professionally.
Get to know Covance
Covance, a $15 billion Fortune 500 company, with operations in over 97 countries, has led the way in improving patient outcomes through visionary data sciences over the last five decades. We have supported 100% of the top 50 drugs in the market and all the oncology medicines approved in 2016. Our team of over 57,000 across the globe is committed to advancing healthcare and bringing new medicines to market sooner. Our unique perspectives, built from decades of scientific expertise and precision delivery, help our clients identify new approaches and anticipate tomorrow’s challenges as they evolve. Driven by a passion for excellence and a relentless commitment to quality, we unlock opportunities that advance innovation and deliver the promise of a healthier world. Together, with our large pharmaceutical and emerging biotech clients, Covance transforms today's health care challenges into tomorrow's solutions.
Over the years we have been recognised and applauded for our efforts in the creation of personalised medicines and innovative therapies to deliver on the promise of a healthier world. Some of our recent accolades:
- LabCorp named in FORTUNE Magazine's 2018 list of ‘World’s Most Admired Companies”
- Frost & Sullivan Best Practice Award – Asia Pacific CRO Growth Excellence Leadership Award
- IMDiversity – Corporate Diversity Honor Roll
- Flexjobs – Top 100 Remote Work – Company to Watch
- Life Science Strategy Group – Rated as the CRO “Making the right moves to be successful in the future”
To learn more about our exciting opportunities in India, visit www.Covance.com/IndiaCareers