Work Location: Bangalore
Responsible for providing SAS programming support in terms of SDTM and ADaM datasets and tables, figures and listings (TFLS). Assume the role of Lead Programmer for allocated studies. In addition as a SAS Dataset Programmer III provide guidance, mentoring, training and feedback to SAS Programmers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the production of SDTM and/or ADaM datasets to the required specification.
- Produce Define.XML/PDFs, aCRFs and Reviewers Guide to support SDTM and ADaM deliverables.
- Read-in and reconcile electronic data with the CRF.
- Develop SAS programmable edit checks to assist in data review as needed.
- QC datasets, defines, aCRF and Reviewers Guide to ensure their accuracy and meet the client specifications and documented appropriately in JIRA
- Responsible for the production of data tables, figures and listings (TFLs) to the required specification for clinical, PK and PD reports in SAS.
- QC TFLs to ensure their accuracy and meet the client specifications and documented appropriately in JIRA
- Produce PK merge / EDT file
- Take on responsibility for studies to ensure the datasets and/or TFLs and associated documents are completed in a timely manner and to the required specification
- Responsible for timely data transfer to and from clients in both production and developmental roles.
- Interact with clients on SAS programming matters.
- Review and comment on the Statistical Analysis Plan and TFL shells.
- Take on responsibility for program of studies to ensure the SAS outputs and associated documentation are consistent across studies and ensure Programmers are trained in client specific requirements
- Answer QA audits in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide guidance, mentoring, training and feedback for members of the department in SAS processes and programming techniques.
- Provide departmental training where appropriate.
- As a Lead Programmer attend and contribute at all study meetings.
- Liaise with supervisor to ensure that studies are scheduled into the department schedule.
- Liaise with external and internal clients as required with regard to requirements for SAS deliverables and attend client meetings where required.
- Liaise with study team to ensure targets and timelines are achieved.
- Perform ad-hoc programming in response to unscheduled requests.
- Ensure that all study material (paper and electronic) are archived within 3 months of the end product going final.
- Contribute at department meetings, presenting SAS coding items to the rest of the department.
- Ensure quality of personal work.
- Investigate and implement new procedures / methods when necessary.
- Proactive involvement with process improvements.
- Good time management and organization skills, the ability to prioritize own work to meet tight deadlines while maintaining the highest standards of work.
- Effective communication skills; a co-operative and team orientated approach.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Top 3 reasons you should join us:
- Energizing purpose: Our work improves lives. Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop 100% of the top 50 prescription drugs in the marketplace today. You will personally contribute every day to advancing healthcare.
- Exceptional people: You will join a growing team of people who have a common goal for exceptional service and quality. You will learn from the most talented minds and subject matter experts, in an agile, supportive, and caring environment.
- Extraordinary potential: You will work in a most stimulating and a flexible work environment that will help you thrive personally and professionally.
Get to know Covance
Covance, a $15 billion Fortune 500 company, with operations in over 97 countries, has led the way in improving patient outcomes through visionary data sciences over the last five decades. We have supported 100% of the top 50 drugs in the market and all the oncology medicines approved in 2016. Our team of over 57,000 across the globe is committed to advancing healthcare and bringing new medicines to market sooner. Our unique perspectives, built from decades of scientific expertise and precision delivery, help our clients identify new approaches and anticipate tomorrow’s challenges as they evolve. Driven by a passion for excellence and a relentless commitment to quality, we unlock opportunities that advance innovation and deliver the promise of a healthier world. Together, with our large pharmaceutical and emerging biotech clients, Covance transforms today's health care challenges into tomorrow's solutions.
Over the years we have been recognised and applauded for our efforts in the creation of personalised medicines and innovative therapies to deliver on the promise of a healthier world. Some of our recent accolades:
- LabCorp named in FORTUNE Magazine's 2018 list of ‘World’s Most Admired Companies”
- Frost & Sullivan Best Practice Award – Asia Pacific CRO Growth Excellence Leadership Award
- IMDiversity – Corporate Diversity Honor Roll
- Flexjobs – Top 100 Remote Work – Company to Watch
- Life Science Strategy Group – Rated as the CRO “Making the right moves to be successful in the future”
To learn more about our exciting opportunities in India, visit www.Covance.com/IndiaCareers