• Ensure that specimens are picked up from the appropriate department, sorted, pre-scanned and registered into the appropriate temperature bins in a timely fashion.
• Identification of problem samples and corrects routing of these specimens.
• Close and prepare SDS shipments.
• Accountable for accurately identifying specimens that need to be discarded and completing the discard process
• Creation of new storage drawers for use in registration process and the ability to completed location moves in the SMART database.
• Consolidate and move drawers as specified to effectively utilize freezer space.
• Perform basic freezer maintenance including but not limited to:
Acts as a backup to the freezer coordinator.
Monitor, respond to and resolve issues with alarming Specimen Management units, and/or appreciate department, to ensure regulatory compliance and monitor follow-up for corrective actions.
Accountable for initialing appropriate freezer documentation
• Understand the pull list and pull the specimens from the freezers
• Understand and apply the shipping instructions and pack the specimens as per requirements.
• Generation and application of specialized labels, to include mini labels and/or computer generated bar codes.
• Perform any QC needed during the process of pulling and packaging.
• Must be able to QC shipments shipped thru SMART.
• QC packages and shipping documents.
• Stock supplies from warehouse.
• Ship packages thru SMART.
• Ship pass-through and Transfer Test packages to other Covance locations.
• Generate and download EPLS from SMART.
• Generate emails and insert EPLs.
• Be able to accurately and efficiently Pre-scan, Register, Process, Pull and Pack specimens using SMART.
• Completion of beginning and end of day duties, as assigned.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures and perform all departmental and interdepartmental SOP’s as written.
• Generate an appropriate audit trail of all activities and maintains own training file and required documentation.
• Other duties as assigned.
Diploma or equivalent
1 year working experience is preferred. Fresh graduate is welcome to apply