We are looking for talented Medical Technologist for our Flow Cytometry section in Covance Central Laboratory Services Singapore. If you are already working in the biomedical industry in the capacity of Medical Technologist, this would be a great opportunity to develop your career.
Covance is committed to providing a clinical research career with purpose in a culture that values achievement. By joining us, you will be working in one of the world’s best laboratory services, with access to the most advanced and comprehensive lab equipment and facilities. Medical Technologist with Covance will perform analysis and tests patients’ specimens to the highest level of accuracy. If this sounds like the role for you, reach out to us for a discussion!
About the Job:
Medical Technologist performs and interprets non-invasive examinations of patients’ diseases in order to provide an analytical result for clinical trial management as well as an evaluation of the extent of the disease to plan the appropriate treatment and management. Responsibilities include:
• Perform assigned clinical laboratory testing accurately and in a timely manner. Such as Retrieve and check specimens against pending list. Document specimen discrepancies. Notify laboratory management when specimen discrepancies are not resolved.
• Ensure the validity of tests results through the performance of established quality assurance and quality control procedures.
• Prepare, label & document implementation of new reagents/materials according to SOPs. Manage inventory of reagents and consumables as assigned by management.
• Generate an appropriate audit trail for all activities. E.g Document and communicate any result reporting problems or inconsistencies to laboratory management. Complete testing within the expected turnaround time to meet customers’ expectations.
• Ensures maintenance of instruments and equipment is performed according to manufacturer and SOP requirements, and documented according to SOP.
Covance is one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive drug development services companies, with more than 11,000 employees in 60 countries. We began operations Asia Pacific in 1988 and today have more than 1000 employees in 14 countries across the region. Through our discovery, nonclinical, clinical and commercialization services, Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescription medicines in the market today.
At Covance, you will join like-minded professionals who, together, build our reputation as one of the world's largest and most respected contract research organizations. In choosing Covance, you will be part of a dedicated team that makes a difference in helping to deliver life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to people around the world.
We welcome your application and believe this decision may be the most rewarding career move you will ever make!
Bachelor’s degree in a bio-medical, physical or biological science from an accredited college or university and one year training and/or experience in the specialty in which testing is to be performed.
Individual should have >5 years external clinical laboratory testing experience or 1 year of Covance Laboratory experience performing clinical laboratory testing in Flow Cytometry specialization