We are looking for talented Histotechnologist to join our Covance Central Laboratory Services team which is currently expanding in Singapore. If you are already working in the biomedical industry in the capacity of Medical Technologist, this would be a great opportunity to develop your career.
Covance is committed to providing a clinical research career with purpose in a culture that values achievement. By joining us, you will be working in one of the world’s best laboratory services, with access to the most advanced and comprehensive lab equipment and facilities. Medical Technologist with Covance will perform analysis and tests patients’ specimens to the highest level of accuracy. If this sounds like the role for you, reach out to us for a discussion!
About the Job:
Histotechnologist performs and interprets non-invasive examinations of patients’ diseases in order to provide an analytical result for clinical trial management as well as an evaluation of the extent of the disease to plan the appropriate treatment and management. Responsibilities include:
• Utilize knowledge and experience with histology samples to maintain proper storage conditions and facilitate accessioning of blocks and slides (stained and unstained).
• Routine decalcification, processing, embedding, microtomy and re-embedding of human tissue specimens from patients enrolled in clinical trials.
• Perform Immunohistochemistry and FISH testing according to protocols and SOPs.
• Perform slide scanning as required and according to protocols.
• Ensure that Special Handling specimens are picked up from the appropriate area, sorted, accessioned, pre-scanned and registered into the appropriate temperature bins in a timely fashion.
• Generation and application of specialized labels to include aliquot and/or mini labels with client specific elements.
• Reagents, material and supplies monitoring:
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures and performs all departmental and interdepartmental SOP’s as written.
• Adheres to safety and occupational health policies and standards.
Covance is one of the world’s largest and most comprehensive drug development services companies, with more than 11,000 employees in 60 countries. We began operations Asia Pacific in 1988 and today have more than 1000 employees in 14 countries across the region. Through our discovery, nonclinical, clinical and commercialization services, Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescription medicines in the market today.
At Covance, you will join like-minded professionals who, together, build our reputation as one of the world's largest and most respected contract research organizations. In choosing Covance, you will be part of a dedicated team that makes a difference in helping to deliver life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to people around the world.
We welcome your application and believe this decision may be the most rewarding career move you will ever make!
Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences/biomedical sciences/Medical Technology preferred from an accredited college or university.
♦ At least 1 year previous experience in histology laboratory
♦ Able to work in a team as well as independently
♦ Dynamic attitude and ability to work under pressure
♦ Ability to take up challenges
♦ Strong detail orientation
♦ Strong verbal and written communication and organizational skills
♦ Ability to use several software packages i.e., Word, Excel, Visio
♦ Ability to adequately maintain accurate records and both adhere to and author Standard Operating Procedures.
♦ Able to troubleshoot problems with automated histological equipment.
♦ Requires theoretical and practical knowledge of histology and processing of human tissue specimens, including handling and storage of histology samples.
♦ Candidate must have the knowledge of molecular histology and techniques, including immunohistochemistry and FISH.