Are you an experienced Business Development professional in the life science industry? Would you like to apply your experience in a global leader in Pre-Clinical Development Solutions? Feel free to apply!
To develop new accounts, new business opportunities at existing accounts and new market opportunities, to generate revenue and growth for Covance Early Development Services.
A. Duties and Responsibilities:
• Achieves annual sales plan.
• Manages annual expense budget.
• Develops account plans and partnerships with key accounts.
• Provides weekly sales activity reports and monthly sales review to management.
• Develops client call cycle to achieve objectives and sales plan.
• Provides general intelligence on key competitors.
• Participates in corporate teams to build relationships with key accounts.
• Assists in determining margins and pricing with Client Services.
• Hosts and organizes all new client visits.
• Prepares weekly report based on template format provided by management.
• Evaluates all quotations for territory and provides input to guarantee client and company requirements are met.
• Assists in creating new market opportunities for Covance.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• BS degree in chemical/biological science plus 5+ years experience in life science, contract research, or pharmaceutical sales.
• Skilled in negotiating sales contracts.
• Knowledge of domestic and international registration data requirements desired.
• Knowledge of computers (Word, Excel , Outlook).
• Knowledge of Key Accounts (or ability to gain familiarity quickly based upon previous experience).
Minimum of 2 years proven successful record in life sciences, contract research, or pharmaceutical sales.
Experience selling Bioanalytical Services is preferred, but not required